|
Task
|
Who?
|
What?
|
When?
|
|
Initial approval
|
Administrators
|
Obtain initial
approval to explore the partnership
|
March 2013
|
|
Planning committee
|
All stakeholders
represented: Math Specialist, teachers,
students, community businesses, parents, administrators, teacher aids,
counselors
|
Organize a planning
committee consisting of teachers, student representatives, parents, community
business partner and an administrator to explore process and brainstorm ideas
|
March 2013
|
|
Participants commitment
|
Teachers, students,
businesses
|
Commitment from
teachers, select students, and selected community businesses to participate
|
May 2013
|
|
Function Dates
|
Planning Committee
members
|
Consensus on dates of Fall and Spring function
|
June 2013
|
|
Math Agenda and Activities
|
Teacher
participants, student participants, community businesses with Math Specialist
|
Determine the math
activities and related math concepts
|
May – July 2013
|
|
Fall Advertising and Family, Community Call out
|
Teacher, parent
volunteers
|
Advertise the
function to students and parents via take home flyer, website notice. Conduct a call out session; calling parents, community members
to inform them of the function
|
Late September 2013
|
|
Fall participants survey
|
Parent, student and
community business participants
|
Parent, teachers,
student, business participant survey: level
of satisfaction with the length of activity, type of activity, and
understanding of concept taught and relevance to real-world application shows
an Above Average rating. Ratings calculated on scale of Above Average,
Average or Below Average
|
October 2013
|
|
Analyze survey results and create math night agenda and
activities
|
Teacher
participants, student participants, community businesses with Math Specialist
|
Based on results of
surveys determine the math activities and related math concepts for Spring
function
|
December 2013
|
|
Spring Advertising and Family, Community Call out
|
Teacher, parent
volunteers
|
Advertise the spring
Math Night function to students and parents via take home flyer, website
notice. Conduct a call out session;
calling parents, community members
to inform them of the function
|
Late February 2014
|
|
Spring participants survey
|
Parent, teacher, student
and community business participants
|
Parent, teachers,
student, business participant survey: level
of satisfaction with the length of activity, type of activity, and
understanding of concept taught and relevance to real-world application shows
an Above Average rating. Ratings calculated on scale of Above Average,
Average or Below Average.
|
March 2014
|
|
Data analysis
|
Math Specialist,
administrators
|
Analyze change in
student achievement on math district and state assessments
|
March – May 2014
|
|
Report achievement to stakeholders
|
Math Specialist,
administrators, committee members
|
Report evaluation
results to students, parents and community businesses
|
June 2014
|
Who dares to teach must never cease to learn. -- John Cotton Dana
Wednesday, March 13, 2013
School-Community Partnerships Week 3 timeline
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Charlene, this looks very similar to mine as far as the flow & main points like initial approval, committee meeting, tasks, evaluation, analysis, then report. I need to do my dates & then I'll post. I think your plan is great, but here are some questions have:
ReplyDeleteFor the initial approval, are you referring to school administrator approval or with the partner? For the 2nd step, do you know what business you are partnering with& is this step a meeting that is taking place? If it is, would it make more sense to get their commitment (step 3) prior to that, then have the meeting? If you did that, you could combine the next 3 steps into one. For example, at the meeting you could set the dates of the events, brainstorm activities, & create the agenda.....& maybe even define or set the roles of each person, like who will create flyer, who will call parents, etc.
Sorry this is long, & I hope you don't mind my suggestions! One more thing, before the survey step, I would add a step that says what you are doing, like "host math night". I think I'm going to add a final step that includes something about ongoing evaluation for continual improvement. I hope this is all helpful! I've got family in town, & I'm driving them to the outlet malls tomorrow so I'm not sure when I'll get to post mine! When I do, I'd love your feedback!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Christa. I definitely don't mind the suggestions. They're good ones. Many thanks!
ReplyDeleteCharlene, your timeline looks great! I wonder since this is a partnership should you have something listed somewhere of how this partnership can develop more and grow in the years to come? Just an idea.
ReplyDelete